I-275 Kentucky Pavement Rehabilitation
A $31 million dollar project, this two-phase pavement replacement on this heavily traveled section of the Kentucky interstate will make travel smoother and safer for all who cross it.
- Start Date: 2019
- Location: Three-mile section between Dixie Hwy. (US 25) and Turfway Rd. (KY 717)
- Owner: Kentucky Transportation Cabinet (KYTC)
- Developer: Sala Architects
- Lead Contractor: Eaton Asphalt
- Project Type: Highway Repair
- Expected End Date: 2020
About this Project
This heavy pavement replacement takes place on a three-mile section of I-275 in both directions between Dixie Highway (US 25) and Turfway Road (KY-717), just east of the Mineola Pike exit.
Due to the size of the project, construction will take place in two phases:
Phase 1: I-275 Eastbound will be paved by the end of 2019, and will consist of new pavement as well as work on the ramps of:
- I-275 eastbound to I-75 northbound/southbound
- I-275 eastbound exit to Dixie Hwy.
- I-75 northbound ramp to I-275 eastbound
Increased traffic on I-275 since 2011
million dollar cost of project
feet of new pavement
Phase 2, which invoves pavement on the westbound part of I-275, is slated to begin in 2020. Construction is expected to begin in late spring/early summer and will continue through 2020. Work will occur on the ramps of:
- I-275 westbound ramp to I-75 southbound
- I-275 westbound entrance from Dixie Hwy.
- I-75 southbound ramp to I-275 westbound
Lane restrictions in the area have started. These improvements will make the heavily-traveled section of I-275 a much smoother and safer ride for anyone who drives on the section of the interstate. To learn more about the I-275 Kentucky Pavement Repair project, click here to visit the project’s website.